Thursday, August 19, 2010

MEME of Reading Questions



Thought I'd participate in this. It sounds easy enough.
1. Favorite childhood book?
Mother Goose

2. What are you reading right now?
The Seeker by Ann Gabhard

3. What books do you have on request at the library?
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
House Rules by Jodi Picoult
Make it Fast, Cook it Slow by Stephanie O'dea

4. Bad book habit?
"dog-earing" the pages when I have no bookmark

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
The Seeker by Ann Gebhard
Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas
The Star Wars Cookbook II
Wookie Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook

6. Do you have an e-reader?
No, but I use the app on my android and computer to read e-books sometimes.

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
It really depends. I prefer reading one book at a time when it comes to fiction books, but if it is nonfiction I could read several.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Not really. I generally only read before bed anyway.

9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Myers
(There are a couple books I only read a few chapters and then put away, but I own't list those here.)

10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
My current read is definitely my favorite.

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Once every 2 or 3 books

12. What is your reading comfort zone?
I prefer Christian romances, historical fiction, and mysteries.

13. Can you read on the bus?
No trouble

14. Favorite place to read?
In bed

15. What is your policy on book lending?
No one ever asks me.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
If I have no bookmark, but not as much as I used to.

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Only if it's a study book

18. Not even with text books?
Always!

19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English (I prefer proper British English)

20. What makes you love a book?
believable characters, high-level writing style, a storyline that is not too predictable

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I could relate to the story and the characters

22. Favorite genre?
Historical Fiction

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Realistic fiction--I sometimes force myself to do it.

Favorite biography?
Helen Keller, the Story of My Life
Parcel Arrived Safely, Tied with a String by Michael Crawford
(And I know both are autobiographies, not biographies.)

25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Yes--Dr. Phil, Dummies books
26. Favorite cookbook?
The $5 Mom Cookbook

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
My current read

28. Favorite reading snack?
N/A--I don't snack and read.

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
I can't think of any.

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
Real critics--about half the time.
Normal people as critics--about 75 percent of the time

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
Doesn't bother me

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
I have read a little in French, and I would like to read more. I love the beauty of the language.

33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
None that I can think of

34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
None that I can think of

35. Favorite Poet?
Alfred Lord Tennyson

36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
I used to check out a lot more, but now I try to keep it at 2-5.

37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
40 percent of the time--but that statistic is falling!

38. Favorite fictional character?
Jane Eyre

39. Favorite fictional villain?
Eric, the Phantom of the Opera

40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Romances

41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
Maybe a couple weeks

42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
The Time Traveler's Wife

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Family discussion

44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Anne of Green Gables

45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
P.S. I Love You--I couldn't finish watching it!
Also, Prince Caspian

46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
About 50 dollars

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
I generally just read the back cover or the reviews.

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
Really objectionable material like descriptive homosexual scenes and the occult.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
I would rather alphabetize them and categorize them, but I can't right now.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
I prefer to sell them online unless they are books I will refer to.

51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
The Twilight Series

52. Name a book that made you angry.
The Murderer's Daughter

53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Rumor Has It by Jill Mansell

54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Gray Pine by T.Lloyd Winetsky

55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Historical Romances!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here