Saturday, August 28, 2010




Another Book MEME, and this is for Saturday.  It is hosted by There's a Book.

This Weeks Question: Who is your favorite female character, in a book or on a TV show/movie? Why?


Well, let's see.  This is such a hard one.  Who is my favorite female character?  I would have to say that it is a tie between two Biblical characters--Esther and Ruth.  They are both characters in the Old Testament, and the only books in the Bible named after women. 


I love Esther because she was the basic hard luck story.  She was an orphan, and she went on to become Queen of Persia.  She then risked her life to save her people.  If you don't know the story, read it here.


As for Ruth, well, I was named after her.  That is why I tend to identify with her so much.  She married a foreigner, and then she became a widow.  She followed her mother-in-law to a strange country, and then she married a very kind man.  Again, if you need to, read the story here.


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic choices! I love both Ruth and Esther and can see how both their stories would provide a lot of strength through trials and a different perspective on life. Thank you so much for sharing!


    PS...Sorry about being so late dropping by! I was at a writing conference this weekend and failed to mention it in the post, that I would take a day or two to get to everyone. I will definitely be better next week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here