Sunday, August 29, 2010

To My Wonderful Readers


Well, church was good this morning.  A couple things happened.  First of all, God is at least allowing me to have a music ministry in the church again.  It's been years since I really have, but I will be leading music for the early church service (which is the one my family and I attend).  It is a chance for me to be involved in music ministry again and use my gift for His service.  And it confirms that at least for now, I am where I am supposed to be.

And then as the sermon went on, God brought all of my wonderful followers to mind.  (I had 58 then, but it has since increased to 60).  The guest speaker spoke of young people connecting differently than they used to in regards to spiritual things.  Many don't even connect with local churches any more.  I had been praying about leading a Sunday School class or women's Bible study.  I hadn't received any definitive answers until this morning.

You, dear readers, have become my "flock."  What I mean by that is that God has given me each one of you, and I now have a responsibility to pray for you and to share with you what He would have me say.  In fact, I want each of you to know that I plan on praying through my follower list on a regular basis.  If you have any prayer requests you want shared, feel free to contact me.  While I do not hold myself up to be the best Christian there ever was, I have learned how to pray over the years.  And God is still teaching me.

Dear reader, I want you to know that I value each of you.  This blog is for me to remain accountable in my spiritual life, and it is to share with you various things about me and my spiritual journey.  Yes, I share books, product reviews, giveaways, and simple fun stuff, but more than anything else, this blog is for you.  While there may be times as the school year approaches--I go back to work next Wednesday--that I get too busy to post in-depth posts, I am completely committed to continuing this blog.  Your comments and support is appreciated more than you know.  People are actually entering my giveaways!  I checked today, and I was so astounded to realize that people are actually taking my recommendations!!  Me!!  The silver crayon in the crayon box is about to shine!  (See this post for explanation.)

I do have a lot of giveaways coming up.  I have several craft kits, dolls, and some other random items to list. So keep watching.  I should get some posted this week.

Happy Sunday, my fellow readers!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here