Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Random Dozen Hosted by Second Cup of Coffee



This MEME is hosted by Second Cup of Coffee

1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?

If they are done in the traditional style, tamales are my favorites. Otherwise, fajitas would be my choice.

2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?

As far as I remember, I got started almost as soon as I got home. I was one of those weird people who didn't procrastinate.

3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?

I would say Amazon and Ebay.

4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?

I never got to eat hot lunches--they were only a treat for me. I got tired of the lunches I brought. So I really have no opinion.

5. Is religion a crutch?

It can be. I think it depends on whether you truly have a relationship with God or not. If you are a committed Christian with a dynamic relationship with Christ, I don't see it as a crutch. Traditional religion--it is empty and meaningless without a relationship.

6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?

Football, what else? Is there another one? I've never lived anywhere where this wasn't the case.

7. Do you consider yourself rich?

Rich in love and certainly richer in possessions than most of the world.  Rich by the world's standards?  No!

8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
A) CPR
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire

Heimlich Maneuver would be my best bet. I've been trained in CPR, and I think it would come back to me, but I'm more familiar with the Heimlich. Changing a flat tire? You've got to be kidding. That's why I have AAA!

9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
A) Salsa
B) Hip Hop
C) Waltz
D) Swing

I would love to learn Swing because it is so acrobatic and high energy. The others would be fine, too. I enjoy dance.

10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone?

I haven't. I don't think I've ever had to give really bad news unless it was to a student saying they were failing the class.

11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.

I learned about the excesses of charismatic churches. It's pretty scary--laughing in the spirit. Talk about crazy. Sorry if I have offended anyone, but I have a very negative view of that.

12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?

Probably after I write this, there will be. But there'e none in recent times.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever had a tamale, but I do love fajitas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here