Monday, August 23, 2010

30-Day Song Challenge Day 6

It's been a busy day, but here we go with Day 6 of this challenge--acknowledgements to Krystal's Kitsch.

Day 06 – A song that reminds of you of somewhere

Mmm, I'm not sure on this one. I have been lots of places, but it's not usually music that reminds me of places. I guess I would have to say Michael Crawford singing "Music of the Night." And this gives me a chance to tell a story.

Michael Crawford played the original Phantom in both London and New York in the production of the Phantom of the Opera. I became a fan of his, and I was so excited one night when I read in a borrowed newspaper that he was coming to Tampa Bay, Florida for a concert. I lived only an hour a way from there. I was ecstatic, and all I could think of was how I could get to the concert. Paul (my then husband) didn't like anything like that. It would also involve driving on the freeway which I had never really done--seriously.

So I went to him shortly after this and asked him if he wanted to go. He told me no. So I then said, "If I find someone to go with me to the concert, can I go?" He told me that was fine. I later learned that he only said that because he never dreamed I'd find someone else to go with me. But I think he underestimated me.

I remember praying about it, and God put the name of a friend at church. I called her up and tentatively left a message on her answering machine with the information about the concert. When I spoke to her later, she did nothing but scream and yell in excitement! She was the biggest Michael Crawford fan! Paul was shocked. But he had no choice but to let me go.

Whenever I hear Michael Crawford sing "Music of the Night," I go back to that night. It was one of the best nights of my life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here