Monday, August 9, 2010

Inspired to Start Again

All right, as I follow so many blogs now, I am sensing the leading to return to this. I began this originally to get my prayer life going. I began to pray through facebook, and I still do to a degree, but some nights, I sense no leading to post a prayer. So maybe it's time to try this again.

First of all, I want to thank God yet again for the wonderful health He has given me and all His many blessings. I am currently reading The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers. It has certainly caught my attention maybe because I feel like I am reading the story of students I teach. Okay, not all of them--probably very few of them, actually--have ever experienced the loss of both parents in such a way, but there are those who probably feel like they have. Their parents are never around, and they have never felt true love. So they turn to drugs, sex, alcohol, and so much more.

Which brings me to my next prayer. God, please use me in the lives of those I teach. So I'm a sub. That merely means that God has allowed me to touch the lives of many different kids rather than just a few. I pray that I will always be a caring teacher and that I will not become jaded. I pray that as I enter each and every classroom that I will seek to show the students Your love in whatever way You choose.

Moving along. I pray for the members of our church who are now in Alaska seeking to minister in Your name. I know not what their plans are, but I know that there is much work to do. I pray that You, Oh God, will continue to direct me in this church in spite of anything that has happened.

My heart has been touched as I hear about these workers in Afghanistan. It reminds me of the time that I knew the missionaries who were killed in Yemen many years ago. I still have the precious thing that one of those martyrs made hanging in my room. It means the world to me, and I cannot part with it in spite of anything. I even crossed out the name of my ex-husband--but that's another story. I am very glad that I chose to keep it.

Lord God, I pray that You will guide my mom and me as we decide which Bible study to do together. I pray You will direct us to the right one. Lord God, I pray that as the upcoming school year comes that my daughter will turn to You. I sometimes worry that maybe she really doesn't know You and that I am not the best example to her. I pray that You will touch her in a special way this year and that she will desire to truly know You.

And finally, as the time grows closer for Martin to return, may You continue to work on his heart. May you strengthen me from within. I can only withstand temptation with Your help. I never see you as someone trying to spoil my fun--I'll wait. But I need Your help. And may Martin be saved sooner rather than later. Please.

If anyone does follow this blog, know that I spend about half of it praying to my Heavenly Father. I don't know how I will continue to keep this blog, but I pray that I shall deepen my relationship with God through this.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here