Sunday, November 20, 2011

Just For Fun Challenge 2012

I am participating in a really fun challenge for 2012.  I have learned my lessons from last year, and I am trying to keep my challenges doable.
I'm going to copy the information directly from Dollycas--it is a goodreads challenge group, and I really like the premise that you read a book each month for fun.


As bloggers we are all on timetables to read books, get reviews posted, host giveaways, etc.
But we also travel around to other blogs and see books we would just like to read because of their recommendation or the cover or title catches our interest. The Meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey “It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?” adds more books to my Wish List and To-Be-Read pile every week.
As followers you get our recommendations, win books from us, pick up books at the library or buy them at a store.
But our lives are so busy these books sometimes sit in our To-Be-Read piles for months or even years.
This is the second year I am hosting this challenge to
encourage you to read some of those books.

12 books in 12 months.
This year this challenge will be set up as a group on Good Reads. If you are not a member it is very easy to join. There are many benefits other than this challenge, you can keep track of the books you read and get great recommendations from other members too. Just go here http://www.goodreads.com/ to sign up.
Join the group!
This group will close to new members on January 31, 2012.
Just start a thread, WITH YOUR NAME AS THE TOPIC OF YOUR ORIGINAL POST. Select the proper folder using your first initial.
Then copy and paste this:
I am committing to read just one book for fun each month!
JANUARY
FEBRUARY
MARCH
APRIL
MAY
JUNE
JULY
AUGUST
SEPTEMBER
OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
DECEMBER
There will be no forms to fill out each month. You just need to go back to your original post on GoodReads,  and edit it each month to add the book you read plus the author next to each month. Please add a link to the book you read if you would like. This way you are in charge of your own recordkeeping and can check where you are in the challenge anytime you wish.
Bloggers: Please grab the button and put it on your blog to show your participation and provide a link back so others can join. I hope you will write a post telling about your involvement in the challenge and invite you followers to join and participate! Bloggers if you feel compelled to review the book you can but it is not required. You may want to list what books you have read under the button on your blog.
Then:
Read 1, yes, just 1 book for fun each month.

All book formats are allowed, printed, audio, e-book.
These books can be counted in your total books read for the year challenge and to one other challenge such as a Where Are You Reading Challenge but try not to cross them over to many other challenges as they really are to be read
JUST FOR FUN!
Everyone that completes the Challenge, 12 books in 12 months will be entered in a drawing for a $25 dollar Amazon.com Gift Certificate or $25 at The Book Depository for International Participants.
Last year I really hampered myself by using the books I read JUST FOR FUN as a prize. I found myself putting so much thought into my choices like: Is it the first in a series?, Will other people like this?, that I found I wasn’t reading the books I really wanted to readJUST FOR FUN, like some of my favorite series books that I didn’t want to part with. So my books will not be a prize in 2012.
Instead I will add another $10 Gift Certificate from Amazon.com or The Book Depository as a 2nd prize.
More prizes may be added depending on the number of participants.
You Must Read One Book For Fun Each Month.
You can only add one book to your list per month.

I hope you enjoy this challenge and
hope I help you clear at least 12 books from the rising stacks.
There will also be extra giveaways only for JUST FOR FUN CHALLENGE MEMBERSthroughout the year!
You can enter anytime between now and January 31, 2012.

I am all set up and ready to go for this challenge, but I do not know what I will read each month lately.  I sometimes get so caught up in all my review books that I forget to read for fun!  So I am definitely in!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here