Monday, November 7, 2011

My Caring Cross Review



I had the opportunity to review a fantastic Christian product called My Caring Cross.  These crosses have quite a story and truly make special, unique gifts.  Each one is handcrafted from olive wood, and they are made on the outskirts of Bethlehem.

About 20 years ago, the founders of this company went to Bethlehem and met Issa.  He is a Christian artisan who is struggling along with other Christian artisans due to tourism decline in Bethlehem.  This site exists to help support these by creating a market for these crosses in America.

Each Caring Cross is made from a single piece of olive wood from the birthplace of Christ. Christians have been carving these crosses for hundreds of years, and now they are available to you.  The purpose of each of these is to create a cross that can fit comfortably in your hand.  It can be used as a prayer or comfort aid.  It can even be used to calm children's fears.

When the cross arrived, I noticed how wonderfully it fit in my hand, and I immediately thought of Christ's supreme sacrifice on the cross for my sin.  Every time I look at it, that is what I remember.  I do not receive any special comfort from it--I use it more as a memory aid.  It is special to me that it comes from Bethlehem, and it is a nice time of year to think about this.  I am awestruck as I look as this cross.  To think that God loved me so much that He sent His Son into the world to save me, a sinner, from my sin and death!  Sometimes I forget, but this serves as a wonderful reminder.

What I really like about this cross is that each sale of these crosses gives a Christian artisan in the Holy Land a fair price for his work.  They are also portable.  I think they would be something to take on a journey to remind me again of Christ's sacrifice.  As I hold one in my hand, I can meditate on the true meaning of Christmas.  My Caring Cross is a wonderful gift for anyone who could benefit from comfort--cancer patients, graduation, baptisms.

Selling one cross is always wonderful, but these are fantastic fundraisers as well.  Selling by volume is the best way to help these Holy Land Christians.

They have also just launched a new wedding cross favor that can be placed in a cream bag with a personalized card.  They are made from the same olive wood, and they will still help these artisans.

Because you are reading my blog, you have a chance to order these crosses at a special price.  Check out this site to order two crosses with bags for $10 (U.S. only) including shipping--a $2 savings!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing and special product :) Thanks for reviewing and sharing!

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here