Tuesday, November 22, 2011

This Day in History November 22, 1963

I am sure that if you were alive during this day in history that you know where you were when you heard about the event.


Yes, it was this date in 1963 when the 35th president of the United States, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, was assassinated.  On at least three occasions, I have visited the memorial in Dallas (when I lived in Texas), and I have seen the actual spot on the road where he was shot.  Lee Harvey Oswald allegedly fired three shots from the sixth floor of the Texas Depository building at 12:30 P.M.  President Kennedy was declared dead 30 minutes later at the age of 46. Vice-President Lyndon Johnson was sworn in as the 36th president at 2:39 P.M.

I could share a lot more about it, but I think if you click here, you can fill in the details you may not know or may have forgotten.  It is one of those stories that shocked our nation then and still shocks us to this date.  No matter what you may think of JFK, I think all of us can agree that it was a horrendous act, and no one deserved to die the way he did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here