Monday, February 20, 2012

Music Monday--Brad Paisley Tacoma Dome Concert Review (Scotty and Band Perry too!)

Finally, another Music Monday.  I was just too tired to post this last week.  Last Saturday, February 11, my daughter and I had the supreme joy of attending the Brad Paisley Virtual Reality Tour.  I bought these tickets long ago.  I wasn't going to, but when I discovered that the Band Perry and Scotty McCreery were coming with him, I knew I wanted to go.

We waited out in the cold trying to win backstage passes, but we finally couldn't stand it any more.  So we had to go in.  We had fairly good seats even though we were not on the floor.  You will be able to see some great shots.  The food left a little to be desired, but all things considered, it was pretty par for the course.

I was grateful that the show started on time.  It had been so funny to see all these little girls who were going crazy over Scotty McCreery.

And, well, I guess he is pretty cute--in a teenage sort of way.  He knew how to work the crowd.  And at least he looks like he has grown up some!
My favorite thing about him is that he is a Christian, and he is not shy about proclaiming his faith. In time, I do believe that he will be a force to reckon with!

Next came the Band Perry.  If anyone knows me, they know that I was not an instant fan of theirs.  Their first single Hip to My Heart was really annoying for me when it was released, and until they sang If I Die Young, I always flipped the radio station as fast as I could!
They are now one of my favorites!
And they can sure give a fantastic show!  Their version of Fat-Bottomed Girls was absolutely unbelievable!
I look forward to the day when they will be the headliner.  My daughter is a huge fan of theirs.  She even said before the show that they were bigger than Brad Paisley.  I had to correct her.
Next and finally came Brad Paisley.  I think I have described my feelings about Brad Paisley here before.  I didn't like Brad Paisley in the beginning. And my friend, Martin, can't stand him.  The first Paisley song I ever liked was Then.  And it was his response to Taylor Swift's award win that endeared him to me.  So I became a "closet Brad Paisley" fan.  There were several songs of his that grew on me.  And I liked the story of him and his wife relationship.

I was blown away by Brad Paisley's concert!  When he said virtual reality, he meant it!  Even down to Carrie Underwood!
Indeed this tended to fool the eye!
I loved what he had to say about women trying to feminize men.
And I loved how close he got the audience and how many autographed guitars he gave away!

His energy amazed me, and his guitar-playing is out of this world!
Scotty McCreery and Band Perry both sang with him.
All I can say is that I am no longer a closet Brad Paisley fan.  I bought his greatest hits album, and I am currently listening to it!

If he ever comes to your city, go!  It's worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here