Thursday, September 13, 2012

Back to School Popcorn Trio Review



Now that just about everyone is back to school, it is time to start thinking about healthy snacks.  When my daughter comes home from school, one of the first things she says it "I'm hungry."  And if I don't have a quick, healthy snack to offer her that tastes good, she is bound to get something very unhealthy that is loaded with sugars and starches that will only act like empty calories in her body.

One of my daughter's favorite things to eat is popcorn.  And my mom and I also like it.  My only complaint is that most popcorn brands have all sorts of unhealthy things in them.  They add sugar and fat that is not necessary.  And the bags are so big that my daughter figures she needs to eat the whole bag!
So when I got the chance to review the Jolly Time 
Back to School trio (included box Healthy Pop® Kettle Corn 100 Cal. Bags, box Healthy Pop® Butter Flavor 100 Cal. Bags and box of Blast O Butter® Minis), I was pretty happy--as was my daughter.  In fact, the day it came in, she insisted on making it.  I remember being really tired, and I told her that if she could make it, she could have it.  My daughter is nine, and she knows how to operate a microwave.



Well, she made it with no problem.  She has tried all three flavors, as  matter of fact.  My mom has tried the kettle corn (her favorite and mine), and these popcorn bags are ingenious!  The bags are small, and the Healthy Pop and Kettle Corn varieties are 100 calories!  The Blast O Butter is normal-calorie, but the bag is small, so I don't feel bad about occasionally giving her that one.



You can see that I finally got the chance to try this on my own a few days ago.  I picked kettle corn, and I loved it!  I ate the whole bag and really felt like I had quite a treat.  You have to make sure that you follow the instructions so your popcorn does not burn.  

So the next time you are looking for a treat, be sure you remember Jolly Time mini bags!  Finally, something you and your children can agree on!

You might want to follow Jolly Time on facebook, twitter, and check out their recipes!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here