Monday, December 31, 2012

My Reading Challenges: My 2012 and 2013 Goals

Over the past couple years, I have joined challenges--basically reading challenges.  I was good when I started, and by about March, I no longer updated anything.  Pretty pathetic, I know.  This year is going to be a little bit different.  First of all, the only thing I did well in 2012 (as far as book challenges) had to do with the amount of books I read.  But that was an easy one.  Originally, I joined the Just For Fun Challenge, and I failed.  I had too many books to review.  I did read historical fiction, e-books, and more, but I just couldn't keep up.  This year, I am limiting my challenges--to a degree.  I plan to update monthly.  But let me at least share this:


Congrats! You have completed your goal of reading 50 books for the I'm Challenging Myself to ___ Books in 2012! challenge!

This makes me feel really good!  Some of those books belonged to my daughter, and others were random books I added, but at least I know I read a lot of books!

As far as book challenges this year, I am participating in several challenges.  Here is what I am doing.
First of all, I plan to read 300 books in 2013.  I know that is a bit of a stretch, but I think I can do it.  


I am giving ths challenge a try again this year.  I am going to list the books I plan to read for this challenge.  Click on the book for information about the book on goodreads.

Understand that these book choices can change without notice.  
I joined this challenge, too.  It is a year-long challenge where I will be reading a book from a new genre, author, etc.  Easy to do with all the books I review!

reading romances reading challenge 2013

I'm going to jump in here, too.  I read a lot of romances, and I'll see what I can do.  Right now, I'm going to commit to read one romance book per month and try to keep it going with the theme. January's is a marriage of convenience.  We'll see if I happen to find one!


One more challenge.  The A-Z Reading Challenge.  I don't know if I can do it, but I will do my best.  We'll see what happens!

So there you go.  I plan to update at the end of each month.  Here's hoping I do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here