Friday, December 21, 2012

This Day in History December 21, 2012

Well, it looks like we made it, people.  Many people said that today the world would end, and they even said that the Mayans predicted it.  Interestingly enough, today is the end of the Mayan calendar.  It's a sort of reset, and the date itself appears to be debatable.  The ancient Mayans saw time in terms of ages.  We have now entered a new age in light of their calendar.  There is much about this day that is confusing, but here's the deal--we are still here.

I feel the need to insert one Christian sentiment into all of this.  I believe there will be an end to the world, but it's not going to happen until God says so.  I'm not concerned about it because I know where my ultimate destination is.  I know that there will be people who tell me I am believing a fairy tale or the like, but that is all right.  After all, I live in the U.S. where freedom or religion and freedom of speech is a right that is promised to me.  Feel free to believe what you want in this situation, and I will believe what I am convinced is the truth.

For more information:
http://famousdaily.com/history/end-of-mayan-calendar.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here