Thursday, December 20, 2012

Epica Manual Multi-Blade Spiral Vegetable Slicer Review


I am the one who normally cooks all the meals in my household.  I am always looking for items that will make my task easier.  And I think I may have found something that is truly versatile and fun to use.  It is the Epic Manual Multi-Blade Spiral Vegetable Slicer.  When this first arrived, I was amazed at how big it was an all the different attachments.  It has nice suction cups to keep it in place, and the three blades are interchangeable.  I will tell you that these blades are very tight and hard to get out in the beginning.  The two blades that you are not using can easily be stored below the top part of the slicer.  The three blades are as follows:

  • 1/8" strips
  • 1/4" strips 
  • flat ribbons
I will be honest--I have only used one of these because I find that it works well with onions.  I used the 1/4" strips attachment, and this picture will show you the result.


I was making French Dip sandwiches, and we love to saute onion strips.  I used to have to cut these by hand, and I could never cut the strips in any uniform pattern.  With this vegetable slicer, I only had to cut the onion in half, put it on the slicer (I wish there were some more instructions with this slicer--I did struggle to learn how to use it), and then turn the handle.  Out came the strips.  I cooked them up, they were really good.

Next I tried them on potatoes.  I don't remember which attachment I used--it is kind of a trial and error type thing--but I was very pleased with these potatoes.  Nice and uniform and really good!


If you are looking for something to help you cut uniform vegetables (and more, I'm sure), you must check out this vegetable slicer.  It is easy to use, and I think you will be pleased with the result.  In fact, if you have a procrastinating husband or boyfriend, tell him you want this.  Give him the link from above, and it can still arrive in time for Christmas!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here