Sunday, December 30, 2012

StanScan Review


Are you ready to hear about a rather revolutionary idea in scanning?  It is called StandScan, and has been created with smartphone users in mind.  It is ideal for on-the-go, and its uses are practically endless.  After all, how many times have you been out and about when you needed to scan something?  Maybe you have a high quality scanner at home, but all you have when you are out is your smartphone.  And so now you have to wait until you get home to take care of business.

I was sent this fantastic StandScan, and I found it was very easy to use.  It is highly portable and folds up into something that is no bigger than a file folder.  You follow the instructions to put it together, and for the most part, it stays put.  It uses magnets to hold some of the pieces in place, and it is sturdier than you might think.  I wish it were a little sturdier, but I also understand that you want it to be lightweight and portable for a reason.

There is a plug-in adapter and a battery adapter.  You plug that in to the cord that is attached to the top of the scanner, and the LED lights will come in.  They are very bright, and they will illuminate any paper, picture, or document that you place at the bottom of your scanner.

The next step is when things got a little tricky for me.  Yes, I have a phone on my smartphone, but my phone does not use a rounded hole.  It has a long, skinny hole.  The hole at the top of the scanner is not compatible with my phone.  I could not get it to take a picture through the hole.  If I moved it just below that hole, I was able to get a pretty good picture of the document I was trying to scan, but it would not take a picture through the hole in the top no matter what I tried.  I will say that the scanner was sturdy enough to hold my phone in place.  That did surprise me--the scanner is sturdier than you think.

So what is my review of this scanner?  I recommend it in spite of any issues I had with it. I think if I had a better phone, and definitely an iphone, this would work much better.  From my experience, I think that you need a phone that has a circle hole for the camera.  Otherwise it does not work.  But even though I was unable to scan, I can tell you that the lights made the picture that I took just below the scanner very clear and easy to read.

I think that if you have a small business or do a lot of work away from the office or your home, this may be something to look into.  I was impressed with the scanner overall, and I can see a myriad of uses for it.

For more information:
http://standscan.com/
https://www.facebook.com/StandScan
https://twitter.com/StandScan
https://plus.google.com/116037282427574040599/posts
http://pinterest.com/standscan/

And here's a video with more information, too.
http://standscan.wistia.com/medias/strnmp2tii I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here