Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"The Salacious Marny Ottwiller" by Bridget Straub Review


The Salacious Marny Ottwiler by Bridget Straub
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I want to say first off that I completely enjoyed the writing style of Bridget Straub.  She was upbeat, fun, and to the point.  She is indeed a great storyteller, and I believe many women will completely relate to her writing style.

Unfortunately, this story was just not my cup of tea.  I didn't like any of the characters, and I did not feel I could connect with the story.  I did not find redeeming qualities for which I normally hunt.  There were no sex scenes, but the profanity was unnecessarily rampant.  This made the book very difficult to read.

The author did put a little bit of a twist into the story, but I won't give any spoilers.  It does make some positive changes, but I won't give any spoilers.

For lovers of chick lit out there, this is the ultimate chick lit book, and I believe it will keep you entertained.  I only wish I could have liked it better, but I suppose I am just too conservative to enjoy the story.  I was at least mildly interested in whom Marny would ultimately choose.

I was sent a copy of this book i exchange for my honest review.  I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.


View all my reviews

Read the guest post, book information, and about the giveaway here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it more, but I certainly understand how the subject matter could be troubling for you. Thanks for your oppinion though and for hosting this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here