Friday, December 23, 2011

Fall Into Reading 2011 Challenge Wrap-Up

Well, winter has officially arrived, and so the Fall Into Reading Challenge 2011 hosted by Callapidder Days has ended.  I have done a terrible job on my challenges this year except hers!  Her fall and spring challenges I always did and completed.

Looking back at when I joined this challenge all the way back in September, I think I did quite well.  Here is my list from back then.  I will link to a review if I finished the book.

My Book List:
Something Inside Me by Chitoka Webb

Only You, Sierra by Robin Jones Gunn
Barefoot in November by Benjamin J. Carey
The Magic Strand by Diana Layman
My Dear Jenny by Chris Dolley
Pieces of Eight by Michael Reed
Anaszi Intrigue by Linda Weaver Clarke
Mayan Intrigue by Linda Weaver Clarke
Montezuma Intrigue by Linda Weaver Clarke
Black Purse by Stephanie Sellers
Find the Upside of the Down Times by Dr. Rob Pennington  Enter my Giveaway for this one!
The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck by John Doe
Blaze of Glory by M. Garzon
Why God Matters by Karina Lumbert Fabian
God's Story Your Story by Max Lucado



In addition to these seven out of the fifteen I read, I read more:
It's All About Him by Denise Jackson
Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble by D. Robert Pease
Life on Hold by Karen McQuestion
Forever Taken by Danyale Nees
How to Seduce a Scoundrel by Vicky Dreiling
Telling Lies by Cathi Stoller
Attracted to Fire by DiAnn Mills
After All is Said and Done by Belinda G. Buchanan
Becoming the Happiest Human Being on the Planet by Thach Hoang

I am pretty content with this.  I read 16 books which beat my goal of 15 even though I only read 7 of the originals!  Great job for me!  Giving myself a pat on the back!!!

I would say I learned so much this fall about reviewing books.  I was trying to think of the one that surprised me the most.  I would say Blaze of Glory was the biggest shock for me.  I went into it really thinking I would not like it.  I then gave it such a good review that the author was absolutely floored! She told me that there are plans to make a movie of it!  I loved Something Inside of Me, and when I contacted the author for a giveaway, she offered to give away 10 copies!  Go figure!  Then when I was promoting After All is Said and Done, I contacted the offer to review the book, and she gifted me a copy!  I made her day with my review as well! Then there was the horrifying moment when I accidentally read the wrong book and posted the review of that book with the guest post by a different author!  Thankfully, I read the correct book in two days and was able to fix it.  I also learned about authors who can be annoying, but I won't go into that.  Thankfully I have only had one experience like that.  The biggest disappointment to me was Forever Taken. I hoped it would be good, and it was horrid!  Then there was Noah Zarc which turned out to be a "Christian" book in disguise.  I actually contacted the author, and he confirmed my suspicions.  And then there is the amazing thing now of calling an author who has a doctorate by his first name.  And he actually is asking my advice!! That is really a mind-blowing experience.

I also learned that even with all my review books, I absolutely have to read a book for fun, hence my blog challenge.

So here's to a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous new year!

1 comment:

  1. Great job surpassing your number of books goal! Hope you enjoyed your reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here