Friday, December 30, 2011

My New Year's Resolutions for 2012

I am very grateful to Diana over at Hormonal Imbalances for creating a linky over at her blog and posting about her New Year's Resolutions.  I kind of did this when I posted for the 3 in 30  challenge I am beginning this year. I will incorporate those into this post, but in a grander sense.  I know many people are against resolutions, and I really overdid my challenges last year.  There are only two I completed, and they were spring and fall reading challenges.  And I guess I did a couple month-long ones for the month of January.

I am going to keep my resolutions simple and specific.  That is often the problem with resolutions,  Everyone puts it into just a few words rather than treating it like a goal.  And I will not make more than 10 for the year.

1.  I will lose the rest of my weight that has just not wanted to come off for the past few years.  For those who know me, they know that I lost a lot of weight, and I have kept it off for years now.  But it bothers me that I cannot get my last 10-15 pounds off.  I stay right around 150, but my goal weight is 135--and all the charts and my doctor agree that is a good goal for me.  I know that a lot of the trouble is my exercise level.  I often only have the energy or desire to work out 3 times a week.  I absolutely must work out 4 times a week or more for 25-30 minutes.  I also need to cut out the extra sugar from my diet.  I get tired, and I give in.  This will be the year when I can finally say as we end 2012 that I weigh 135 pounds.

2.  I will organize my room and basically keep it as a sanctuary.  This is a hard one for me.  About two and a half years ago, I moved from a whole house down to about two rooms.  I live with parents, and I now have to hide stuff from my dad--food that I am eating that he will eat if I don't hide it.  (My dad is diabetic but doesn't take care of himself and inhales carbs and candy.  I have expensive diet foods that he feels he is entitled to eat if I don't keep it hidden.)  I have supplies for my blog, my crafts, my office, and so much more.  I am always behind.  I will at least keep my room picked up so that I don't feel like it is right now.

3.  I will have a blog that I can be proud of that has at least 3000 followers, and it will be visually appealing and organized. This is kind of the hard one.  I love my blog, and I really do put a lot into it.  But there are things that need to be organized.  I know that.  I  am looking forward to being able to make it more organized.  I am bad about putting my reviews together, my recipes together, etc  I have the pages ready, but I just forget to organize it.  This will be the year.  I may not be able to get to this until summer, but it will get done.  And 3000 followers is probably a low goal to strive for because I already have at least 1800.

4.  I will continue to grow in my spiritual walk, and that will be reflected in all my relationships.  I struggle with my dad--I won't go into details.  I sometimes lose it with my daughter, my mom, and Martin.  I struggle with my daily quiet time, but it is better than it used to be.  My main concern is when I get angry at my Dad, and my daughter is nearby.  I have a really hard time because Martin is not a Christian, and he tells me to do one thing, but God would have me do another.  I get so tired of it!  But I will improve but only with the help of God.

5.  I will complete one craft each month that I can give as a gift.  Crafting is something I loved long ago.  Since the birth of my daughter and my divorce, I have barely had time.  This is something I really would like to do again.  I have saved a lot of stuff on pinterest, but I have not done one blame thing!  I will do it this year.

6.  I will read at least 50 books this year.  I will do reviews, and post them in all the places I should.

7.  I will clean my e-mail inbox out.  Enough said.

8.  I will try something new each month.  I can't be too specific on this one.  I just don't know what I will do, but I want to step out of my comfort zone.

I think this is truly good enough.  There are a lot of goals/resolutions, but they are attainable.  And while I may not do everything, I am not going to give up!

And I am also linking up at 5 Minutes for Moms.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck on all your resolutions! And have a Happy and safe New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one about keeping your room a sanctuary. So often mine becomes the pile where everything is tossed.

    Thanks for linking up, and reading me for so long. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I am with you on #8. I really want to step out of my comfort zone as well! I'm linking up... thanks for the post and inspiration!
    Cheers,
    Nif @ call-me-nif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here