Monday, December 19, 2011

Music Monday--Taylor Swift Speak Now World Tour Live CD/DVD Review



Well, I am at it again--another Taylor Swift review.  I know what you're thinking.  There goes the 30-something Taylor Swift nut who is subjecting us to yet another Taylor Swift review.  Yes, that's right, I am.

I put this on pre-order with amazon the moment I knew it was coming out.  I didn't buy anything at the concert.  I was tempted, but I decided that I would just relive the moments in my heart and soul.  And then I found out this CD/DVD was coming out, and I was so excited!

My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the DVD.  It was just like being at the concert.  We were able to relive everything we had seen, and we had a perfect, up-close view.  A lot of the DVD was from her outdoor concerts where the special effects were much better than her indoor ones.  I would say that for the "intimate" part of the evening, she chose her favorite portions.  For those who do not know, she sang songs made famous by musicians from the regions from where she was performing that evening.  It was always the "surprise" part of the concert for everyone.

When I watched the credits at the end of the DVD, I was amazed at how much Taylor Swift had a hand in almost every part of the production.  She was producer, assistant director, stage design, costume design, etc.   I think it safe to say that the biggest thing she has going for her is the fact that she is one smart businesswoman.  She is so intimately involved in every portion of her productions and concerts that she gives a show she believes in 100 percent.

The accompanying CD is really nice as well although it basically follows the songs of the DVD (with the exception of songs from her first two albums).  What I really like is that a recording of her new single is on the CD--Ours.  This is a song that I cannot get out of my head, and it is nice to have this song on there as a teaser for next album.  My guess is that she sang this in her later concerts once it was written and finalized as a single.

I know that some of you tired of my glowing Taylor Swift reviews, but I am so impressed with her.  It is so nice to see a humble musician with moral values.  She said on her 60 Minutes interview that she has to think about a million people every morning when she gets dressed (I think it was a million--if not, it was something like that).  And I have never seen her wear anything completely tasteless.  She might wear an occasional low-cut dress, but nothing that shows too much.  Even her bikinis are "old-school" and have been known to been made fun of.

I wish with all my heart that there were more positive role models out there like Taylor Swift.  It's nice to know that she is a normal girl, a happy girl, and a successful girl, but she doesn't jump from bed to bed.  She doesn't take drugs.  She doesn't drop the F-bomb.  I always go back to two of her early songs in which she changed the lyrics because she felt they may not be appropriate for her younger fans.  (I am talking about the songs Picture to Burn and Teardrops on My Guitar.)

I am going to leave you tonight with a video of her current single.  I got so excited when I saw the end of this!  Maybe you can guess why!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here