Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top 10 Books of 2012 That I Am Looking Forward to Reading

I have absolutely loved participating this week even though it has been difficult at times.  I have been the "oddball," but in a good way.  I know I tend to look at things differently, but there have been some awesome posts from others as well.  I even picked up a book today from someone's list--Jinx by Meg Cabot. I would never have known about that book!

Thank you to the hosts:
http://twochicksonbooks1.blogspot.com
http://alifeboundbybooks.blogspot.com/
http://www.fiktshun.com/fiktshun/
http://www.totalbookaholic.com/

I am going to break the rules from the outset.  I am participating in a Just For Fun Challenge:


Photobucket
So I thought I would go ahead and choose 12 books (I might have chosen 13) so I can read once each month.  These are all hard copy books that have been sitting on my bookcase, and I definitely want to read them.  So these are the top books I am looking forward to reading in the New Year.  Not in any particular order (except the first one).  



The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I have gone back and forth with this book for quite some time.  Do I read it or don't I?  I won this book a few months ago, so I decided it was time to read it.  And when I realized that the movie is coming out in February, I decided I had to read it.  So it is first on my list!




I don't know much about this book, but it's historical fiction and Egypt.  And I love the cover.  So there you go.  I don't think I've ever read a book that takes place in Egypt.  Ought to be good!


I picked this book totally at random, and now I see that it is based on a true story and it has been translated. I am truly intrigued now!


I remember winning this book last year.  I am always up for a good Christian women's self-help book.  It had really good reviews, so hopefully it will live up to it!


I bought this at our library last year for two reasons.  It is written by the same person who wrote the Guinivere trilogy (which I have yet to read, but it looks good), and I know the story of Tristan and Isolde since I am a student of opera.  I studied Wagner, so I kind of know the story.  So this ought to be good!



I can heard the collective sigh now.  "You mean you've never read this book before?"  Nope.  I only heard of it when the movie came out, and since it didn't look very good, I decided to not read the book.  To avoid it like the plague.  I won the book last year.  Time to read it and just see if it is my kind of book.


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I commented on a number of people's posts this week saying that I just had to read this book.  I won it last year, and the time has come to see if it lives up to all the hype!

The Arrivals by Meg Mitchell Moore
Don't know anything about it.  I won it last year.  It came highly recommended.  And I like the cover.  And I picked it by random.  Let's see how it goes!


I read about this book on a couple blogs last year.  I bought it in the thrift store.  I hadn't realized it was an Oprah book club pick, but I won't hold that against the book!  (Not a big-time Oprah fan, but I have to say her book club picks are generally good.)  I know very little about it, and I will keep it like that.  Until I read it.


When I was younger, I read a lot of Grace Livingston Hill's books, so I happened to buy a stack of them at a  church yard sale this summer, and this is one of them.  It ought to be exactly what is expected from one of her books.


I won this book, and the blogger has a nice note on it saying I will really enjoy it.  So let's hope so!


I nearly shrank away from this book when I saw the picture and read the title, but then I figured I would give it a try.  Another of my winnings.  It is a dark book, but I hope it will be good.  And perhaps something different.

And finally:



I remember winning this book.  I was quite intrigued with the premise behind the book and the picture.  I will see if it lives up to my expectations!

There you have it--13 books.  I know it's too many, but this time, I believe rules are made for breaking.

I am sure many people will be putting books on their lists that cover various books coming out this year.  I have to admit that I know of some sequels that I may get to read, but I am not certain.  I often don't know what I am reading from one month to the next.  I am generally reading books for review, and I am often reading 3-4 books at once. I am pleased with my progress this year.  2012 should prove to be a very promising year.  I now have a kindle, so we'll see if I get more e-books this year.  

Till next year (because I'm sure this will be a yearly tradition now), au revoir!


10 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you'll enjoy the books you've picked out! The Hunger Games is a must read, even if you won't like it. : )

    My Picks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy the Hunger Games and Anna and the French Kiss. I loved Hunger Games. Anna wasn't too much my thing but I loved the next book by that author, Lola and the Boy Next Door a lot!
    Top 14 Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Didn't know if you subscribed to your comment, but in case you haven't: Thanks for leaving a comment in return and I hope we'll meet again in 2012! This was a great week and I loved reading about the books you picked!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you love Sisterhood, Anna, and Hunger Games! All three are excellent. :D Great list!

    I'm a new follower. :)
    Andie
    My Top Ten Most Anticipated Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your book list for next year looks great. Some I've read, some I want to read. I can't wait to see what you think of each. "The Hunger Games" got my reluctant reader husband to finish three books in three days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! And the cool thing is that I have finished one of the books already and I am in the middle of reading another one. By the way, if I have never told you, I love your blog! I recently signed up for e-mail notifications, and it is awesome!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved the sisterhood, i got to share it with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard good things about it. I will be glad when I can get to it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here