Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday--It's All About Him by Denise Jackson Review

Summary from Goodreads:
For country music fans, singer Alan Jackson needs no introduction. With his "neo-traditional" sound, this Georgia native has sold over 40 million records and won dozens of awards, including a Grammy. Denise Jackson, once his high school sweetheart and now his wife, has often shared her husband's spotlight, sometimes unwillingly. In 1998, this celebrity couple separated under the pressure and hard glare of his performing career. Last year, Denise made headlines of her own with It's All About Him, a candid, soulful book about her life with Jackson, the stumbles and turns of their relationship, and her deep commitment to her Christian faith.



It's All About Him: Finding the Love of My LifeIt's All About Him: Finding the Love of My Life by Denise Jackson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been an Alan Jackson fan for several years now, but I honestly did not know a lot about him or his family. I had the supreme joy of seeing him in concert this past summer, and I was impressed.  I really enjoyed it.

I heard about this book a couple years ago when I was listening to a country radio interview with Alan Jackson (it was shortly after the Tiger Woods scandal).  I was totally shocked when I heard that he had cheated on his wife, and their marriage had survived it.  I saved this book to my list.

I happened to win this book (I selected is as my winning book), and I finally had a chance to read it.  And I was completely impressed!  I knew that they were Christians, but suddenly a few things made sense.  There is a portion of Alan Jackson's career that just doesn't really impress me, and his music seems so "worldly" during that time.  I now understand why.

I was completely impressed with the way Denise told her story.  She did not ever put her husband down.  She even took responsibility for some of the issues in their marriage.  She explained that when her husband became famous, they kind of forgot about God, and that is when the trouble started.

Her message in the book was simple but sincere.  God can work through any situation.  He is always faithful even when we are not.  This book will strengthen your faith, and it can truly encourage you in the midst of your trials.  It sure did for me!



View all my reviews


1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! Alan is coming to Michigan,I have never been to one but it sounds like great fun ..just ordered tickets and already the premium track tickets are sold out, but I have a seat in the 16th row, and I am happy to know I will see him!!!!Now I am hoping he comes to Auburn Hills or Windsor or good old Toledo Ohio.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here