Monday, December 17, 2012

This Day in History December 17. 1900


This is really something--I have never heard of today's feature.  On this date in 1900, the Guzman Prize was created.  This is a prize of 100,000 francs offered by the French Academy of Science to the first person to make contact with aliens.  They excluded Martians because it was assumed that this was too easy.  It seems that the consensus was that there was alien life on Mars.

I find this quite amusing in light of everything we know now.  I honestly don't believe in aliens, but I am always cautious in saying there is no scientific evidence that is conclusive either way.  I know some people are completely convinced about aliens, but I do find this portion of our history interesting.

For more information:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here