Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops Review


This is the perfect time of year for sore throats, colds, and allergies.  There is a wide variety of couIh drops and throat lozenges out there, and it can sometimes be an overwhelming task to figure out which one to select and which one will work best.  

In 1870, J. Herman Pine and his brother sold their first Pine Brothers Glycerine Tablets.  Because he wanted to relieve his sore throat (and those of his family members), he discovered that glycerin and gum acacia worked well for soothing the throat.  He added some flavoring and sweetener, and Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops became a reality. In 1930, it was sold to Life Savers Company.  In the 1970's it was sold and resold more than once, and its popularity began to decline.  Recently, the company was acquired by 3 Sisters Home Products, and they are working hard to make this product like it was way back when and revive its popularity.

I was pleased to get a variety of these throat lozenges for my review.  I was given two flavors to try (but I have only tried one).  I got to review Wild Cherry and Natural Honey.  I have only tried the cherry, but I am pretty sure that the honey would be equally as good.  I just like the cherry flavor really well.  I was pleased with the consistency of the drops.  It is like you are eating candy in many respects.  These are only for minor throat irritations, and I found that they were quite helpful when I had a small amount of phlegm in my throat as well.  Sometimes it took more than one, but they did work well.  And they taste good--something that not many throat lozenges and cough drops can claim.  I would highly recommend this product, and you can find it at CVS nationwide. Since I don't have a CVS, I was glad to find out that Safeway and drugstore.com carry it, too.  

Be sure to check out the following links for more information about this wonderful product.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. I remember Pine Bros. from years back. I think they used to be called soft cough drops now throat drops. I always like them because you could give them to the kids and they thought they were a gummy candy. They were my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Pine Bros. from years back. I think they used to be called soft cough drops now throat drops. I always like them because you could give them to the kids and they thought they were a gummy candy. They were my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here