Sunday, December 9, 2012

"It Came Upon the Midnight Clear" CD Review



I am one of those people who love listening to Christmas music.  And I love practically everything from classical to country to R & B at Christmastime.  I was quite pleased to have the opportunity to review the CD It Came Upon the Midnight Clear.  This is a beautiful, peaceful instrumental album that I find very relaxing in the midst of the holiday rush.  Yes, it does tend to be on the classical side, but being a classically trained musician myself, I can always appreciate good classical music.

This CD is recorded by Manor House Music.  They are a well-rounded musical group that play all sorts of stringed music.  They are based in the UK, and Vaughan Jones is the founder of the group. This CD is a great introduction to their great prowess as musicians.


If you are interested in their music, the beauty of the internet has made this readily available in all sorts of places.  Listen to the samples and buy/download the CD here. Check it out on itunes, too. One of the things I appreciate the most about the CD is that it is a long CD.  That may be silly to some people, but long CD's mean that you not only get your money's worth, but you don't have to change the CD as much.

I know one of the questions that is always asked about a CD is what the favorite song is on the CD.  I honestly do not know all the carols--although I enjoy them.  I love the fact that all these songs are genuine carols instead of some rocky song that means nothing.  I have always enjoyed Sussex Carol, and most people don't record that song.  In fact, I have only ever heard Julie Andrew record it.  It was very nice to hear this talented musical group play this little-known carol.

If you are looking for a peaceful CD this holiday season performed by a fantastic string quartet, I would highly recommend this CD.  You won't regret it!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here